University trainings were organized by IBM Innovative Solutions and Technology Center and Enterprise Incubator Foundation aiming at developing and empowering capacities of Armenian higher educational establishments in the field of technologies as well as giving opportunities to universities to make use of IBM’s wide range of resources.
Students and lecturers from 9 Armenian universities got the opportunity to take part in the trainings, including;
1. Yerevan State University
2. American University of Armenia
3. Armenian State University of Economics
4. French Higher Institution of Engineering in Armenia
5. French University of Armenia
6. Eurasia international university
7. State Engineering University of Armenia
8. National University of Architecture and Construction of Armenia
9. European Academy
In total 200 hours, more than 35 students and 60 lecturers gained modern knowledge in the following directions;
• Information Security
• Cloud technologies and programming basics in BlueMix environment
• Mobile programming in cloud environment
• IBM Watson analytic application
• Statistical data analysis
• Data analysis and prediction through IBM SPSS program
• Integrated e-marketing basics
• Information system management
• Business process management and automation
The majority of graduate students are now employed and some have formed start-up companies. Up to today, more than 50 trainings and seminars have been implemented at IBM Innovation Solutions and
Technologies Center involving more than 800 students and lecturers. More than 70 lecturers from different universities of Armenia have become members of IBM Academic Initiative. The Center implements continuous modernization of subject lists at universities as well as discusses importing of new Master’s Degree programs in some universities and improving existing programs.
Taking into account project’s success, university trainings at IBM Innovative Solution and Technologies Center will be countinuous as proved by IBM ISTC university summer program with the deadline June 11, 2016 to apply.