The institution has a distance education opportunities for all faculties. The education period is 5 years.
The Humanitarian Institute of Hrazdan was founded by the license of the Ministry of Instruction and Education of the Republic of Armenia in 1996 (License N 69, granted on 14 May 1996) received a State and a State Registration (Certificate N 0261090).
In 2000 HIH was reaccredited by the Ministry of Instruction and Education of Republic of Armenia (license N 036, granted on 7 November 2000) and received a permanent education license for higher professional education. In 2000, according to the government’s agreement of Republic of Armenia, HIH participated in the state accreditation process and received state credentials for all faculties, as to which all faculties and alumni received a higher education state diploma of the
Republic of Armenia.
1. Pedagogics and Methods-state credential N 047, granted on 06.12.2002.
2. Finances-state credential N 097, 09.04.2002.
3. Jurisprudence-state credential N 046, 06.12.2002.
One of the distinguishing features of the educational process of the institution is the theoretical teaching and symposia and practice at the same time as the educational process. This integration allows an effective process to educate effective teachers.
The Humanitarian Institute is of Hrazdan occupies a building of 2200 sq.m. conveniently located in the Center of Hrazdan City.
HIH educational complex includes lecturer halls for staff, faculty seminars and for practical training.
The educational complex includes:
- Classrooms organized for language training (Armenian, Russian, French and English)
- Art facilities and workshops
- Conference Hall
- Library with reading room
- Sports Facility
- Administrative Offices.
It has 3 faculties:
The Faculty emphasizes statistical paradigms and informational technologies.
The students study some legal subjects such as right to work, finances law, and elementary jurisprudence, etc.
- Pedagogics and Methods
- Armenian Language and Literature
The students study the subject of general pedagogy and elementary education submitted for the changes according to 21th Century criteria, and the methods to teach them.
The students are challenged by new methods of Instruction and procedures that have been tested in the classroom and have proven to increase the level of education for the students.
The Faculty of Law curriculum includes constitution and civil law with an emphasis on human rights.
One of the distinguishing aspects is the emphasized education of such subjects as taxes, tax policy, accounting, and economic theory, etc.
- The Institute has a student council, a student scientific group and Alumnus Council. Because of their activities they organized student scientific conferences, youth activities and festivals.
- The Institute supports computer education for Faculty and students.
- The Institute’s Library and reading room support 32,000 volumes which are Russian, French, English, Literature, Teaching Methods and reference materials. The council of library organizes discussions of new published books, meetings of students with writers, poets and presents music recitals, etc.