The European Regional Educational academy is an interstate, non-profit fund within the RA. In accordance with European standards the Academy offers graduate and post-graduate programs, research in different fields, short and long-term training courses in Yerevan as well as in the largest regions of the RA. The Academy realizes vocational training programs in different regions of the RA. The branches of the Academy are currently operating in such big cities of the country as Gyumri, Vanadsor, Gavar and Ijevan.
The implementation of the program was carried out in accordance with the RA decision # 978 which came up on October 15, 2001.The RA government is the constituent party of EREA. The Academy is considered to be a unique educational institution established by means of governmental and private investments. The official opening of the Academy took place on October 4, 2002 with the participation of the RA President, the State Secretary of France as well as a number of high officials and ambassadors participating in the program.
• combination of Armenian and European educational programs in accordance with European standards
• investment of the newest educational technologies
• setting up regional cooperation and dialogue between educational institutions of Armenia and neighboring countries
• training of competitive personnel for the RA and for the countries in the region
• offer of competitive education
• implementation of trilingual educational programs
• involvement in the processes of the European educational integration
• satisfaction of market demands due to the flexible educational programs
• availability of the best technical basis
• shaping of the multilingual communication skills
• Université de la Méditerranée Aix-Marseille II (France)
• Ecole Central Marseille (France)
• Alliance Française (France)
• Chambre de Commerce et d’Industrie Franco-Arménienne (France)
• Synopsys Armenia
• Technical University of Berlin (Germany)
• European Academy Berlin (Germany)
• Freie Universität Berlin (Germany)
• Universität Potsdam (Germany)
• Berlin School of Economics and Law (Germany)
• University of Munich (Germany)
• DAAD (Germany)
• Goethe Institut (Germany)
• CIM (Germany)
• British Council (England)
• Tiri Marketing Integrity Work (England)
• University of Suceava (Romania)
• European Collage Warszawa (Poland)
• Softline (Russia)
• Information Technologies
• Economy and Management
• International Relations
• Public Health
The Academy provides the following educational programs
• Software Engineering
• Information Technologies in Business Management
• Multimedia and Computing
• Micro-electronic circuitry and systems of the communication means
• Informatics and Applied Mathematics
• Tourism and New Technologies in Services
• Law: specialized in International and European Rights
• World Economics
• Public Health
• International Relations and European Cooperation
• Pedagogy and Psychology
• Ecology and New Technologies
Educational programs of the Academy have been elaborated in accordance with international educational standards under the support and participation of the Ministry of Education and Science of the RA, Technical University of Berlin, the University of Applied Programming and Theoretical Informatics of Berlin, Higher Engineering School of Marseille, Mediterranean University Marseille II, University of Munich, Bolzano European Academy.
Studies are implemented in accordance with the optimal combination of European and National educational systems. The teaching process and assessment of the students’ knowledge goes on the basis of advanced European standards. In addition to special /major subjects, the academic curriculum includes compulsory learning of four foreign languages: English, German, French and Italian.
The program of foreign language teaching was elaborated in accordance with the specific features of the Academy curricula under the support and active participation of the British Council, Alliance Frances and Goethe Institute. All the major subjects are delivered in English beginning with the third year of studies. Students are supposed to have their vocational practicum both in Europe and in the CIS branches of the corresponding European companies.
There are British, Austrian, German, Italian, Iranian and Japanese cultural centers at the Academy with the help of which some business connections have been established with the educational and cultural centers of the above mentioned countries ,as well as some effective cooperative projects are currently being implemented in the educational , cultural and scientific fields.
Within the framework of IT AM special program of technological support initiated by the European Union, the Academy was supplied with modern computer laboratories. These laboratories are equipped with the brand new computers together with all essential devices, as well as an access to the high speed Internet. More than 150 computers have been connected to the local web of the Academy. The Branches of the Academy are to join the general academic system in the nearest future.
The special satellite system located in the Academy gives the students a good chance to watch the news, films and other programs from different European countries. Modern computing equipment and the latest achievements in the sphere of Information Technologies are not only available for the students, teachers and administrative staff, but also serve as a contribution to private science-methodological and science-research projects. Moreover they contribute to the implementation of the innovative policy of the Academy.
Practical Orientation of Education and New Career Opportunities
The graduates successfully covering the full course of studies are awarded a State Diploma, and accordingly the graduates are awarded Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree. The learning in the Academy is based on the rotation system that is, the students showing high academic performance during the year, in contrast with those showing low academic performance, get an opportunity to continue the learning by rotation system. The European rotation system based on credits gives the students a chance to continue their education or the part of it in certain European educational institutions. Owing to the basic knowledge and professional skills obtained in the Academy, the graduates succeed in being competitive in the job market. The graduates of the Academy find jobs in governmental institutions and prestigious establishments as well as in international leading organization branches accredited in Armenia and other countries. The prominent graduates continue their education in the leading universities of Germany, Great Britain, France, Italy, Austria and the USA.